- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or breasts thinly sliced)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- mozzarella cheese (your amount preference)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a microwaveable dish, melt butter for 30 seconds. In another small bowl, combine crumbs, salt, oregano, basil, & Parmesan cheese.
- In a large Ziploc bag, pour melted butter. Add chicken tenders. Close bag and shake to coat chicken. Then, add seasoning mixture. Close bag and shake again to ensure all of the chicken is evenly coated. ( I prefer this to the dip in butter then in seasoning method–so much faster as a mom of a toddler!)
3. In a baking dish, coat with non-stick spray. Add chicken, piece by piece, to the sheet. Feel free to top with any additional crumb mixture left in bag. Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Take out of oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. However much you would like! I even used this time to spread a few strips with pesto (my personal fav!) Put back in oven for another 5-7 minutes. (Check chicken to ensure it is cooked all the way through, take out once it looks done!)
5. In a small saucepan, heat marinara sauce at medium heat. Once warmed, you may top the chicken with the sauce or dip the chicken into it!
I hope you enjoy this dish!! It’s our take on a kid-friendly, slimmer version of Chicken Parmesan.