Hello, I started this blog as a new years resolution to myself. I am a stay-at-home mother to a beautiful 2 year old girl. I wanted to put any spare time I had to showing other people how creative and crafty they could be. I love to cook, create new recipes, and try new things. I figure it may be fun for everyone to get to know me a little bit better…so here it goes!
- I changed my major multiple times before landing on Sociology and recently graduating with a Bachelors in Sociology with a minor in Health and Wellness Coaching. I started off as an Education major hoping to teach 1st graders, I switched to Criminal Justice with a great desire to be a probation officer. I was informed a year and a half into school by one of my professors that they couldn’t “in good faith” allow me to continue pursuing such a path. I couldn’t “fix everyone’s problems by baking them cookies,” In this soul-crushing lecture, I was informed that I was a “brilliant writer” and should pursue that path. I changed my major at that time to Journalism. I thought “Hey, I could be a wonderful news anchor!” It was at that time a few months in that my professor told me “The voice of a magazine writer, but not that of a news anchor.” Which landed me to Sociology. Bottom line, I wanted to help people. I went to school to help others and I didn’t graduate until I was 27 years old.
- I love reality TV shows. I watch Big Brother religiously every summer.
- I did my own hair and makeup for my wedding.
- We named our daughter “Ellie” after the movie Up! The relationship between Carl and Ellie reminded me of my grandparents and I wanted to pay tribute to them somehow.
- I absolutely love to read. Going to the bookstore is one of my favorite things to do. The excitement most girls get when they get a great deal on shoes, is the excitement I feel when I get a great deal on books. Nicci French is my favorite author. They are a husband and wife duo who write sexy mystery novels.
- I think Tommy Boy is my all-time favorite movie!
- I think Amy Farrah Fowler from the Big Bang Theory is the greatest, underappreciated television character.
- I would love to be the owner and operator of a Bed and Breakfast at some point in my life.
- I didn’t know how to cook or bake until I met my husband. I got really excited about the idea of making something amazing for another person. I had no idea it would turn into such a hobby of mine.
- Two months after meeting (my now husband) I saw a palm reader who informed me that I was with the great love of my life, she could see the happiness in my heart, that I would be married once and it would last for the rest of my life, and together we would have musically gifted children.
Ha! I hope you enjoyed my list of 10 random facts.
I hope 2018 treats you well 🙂