OH EM GEE Let me tell you…these are GOOOOOOD.
Spicy. Tasty. Super Easy to Make.
- 1 lb spicy pork chorizo
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- First, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Second, Wash all of the peppers. Take the red peppers and cut the stems off. Then, cut them in half removing all of the seeds. Place on baking sheet. Cut stems off the Poblano pepper and cut into smaller pieces. Throw onto the sheet as well.
- Bake them about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them. They’ll become softer and slightly dark on edges. Take out of oven. (Keep oven on)
- In a skillet, cook the chorizo. Once done. Add a drained can of black beans and throw in the cooked Poblano peppers. Let the chorizo, beans, and peppers simmer together.
- Pour the mixture into the open red peppers that are still on the baking sheet. Add cheese evenly to the top of the mixture. Bake for a few minutes, just long enough to let the cheese melt.
- AND….DONE!! I served mine with an ear of sweet corn! I have found the easiest way to cook corn is by LEAVING the corn in its husk, placing on a plate and microwaving 5.30-6 minutes. Remove husk and serve!
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did!!!