Since tasting this cookie butter from Trader Joe’s, I knew I HAD to experiment with a cookie recipe of my own!
I really enjoy what I came up with. Not too sweet. Reminds me of a tasty breakfast cookie you’d enjoy with your coffee.
Feel free to add chocolate chips or drizzle some melted cookie butter on top!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks-softened)
- 1/2 cup cookie &Cocoa Swirl butter from Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, powder, Nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add in softened butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs.
- Batter will start to feel doughy and easy to maneuver with your hands. Add in cookie butter and syrup. Stir. Batter will be easy to roll into balls.
- Roll into balls on a greased baking sheet. Mark x’s on top with a fork the way you would with peanut butter cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
My batch made 24 cookies!