(Please read the full disclosure for more information. All books are based on my opinion.)
As some of you may know I am a HUGE Bookworm! I take our two-year-old to the library once a week. We use this time to collect cookbooks, mystery novels, and of course, children’s books!
Here is my Top 10 Toddler Books (You Never Knew You Needed!):
1. 123 versus ABC-By: Mike Boldt- This is a fun children’s book full of bright and fun illustrations. It helps with learning more about numbers AND letters! It is full of familiar animals they will love and recognize. Great learning tool and an overall enjoyable read.
123 versus ABC<– Link 🙂
2. ABC’s of Physics- By: Chris Ferrie– I love the idea of getting children interested in science and the world around them at a young age. This author has a few other books within the same category I will attach below! The STEM areas of learning are becoming far too slim, especially for women, let’s change that!
ABCs of Physics (Baby University) <–Link for book above!
3. 101 Reasons Why I’m NOT Taking a Bath- By: Stacy McAnulty- Our toddler has become SO ANTI-BATHTIME that this book is a perfect addition to our household! He has some many humorous reasons for why he should not have to take a bath! If your little isn’t about the tub, definitely check this one out!!
4. Daddy is My Hero- By: Dawn Richards/Jane Massey- This is just one of those feel good stories! It’s a wonderful gift for any father! The pages are full of great, colorful photos and why dad’s are the best!
Daddy Is My Hero<–Link!
5. I’d Know You Anywhere, My Love- By: Nancy Tillman- I’m the one asking Ellie if we could pretty please read this story! It’s so sweet and full of heart. It lets your child know no matter what animal you become or how ever they may act, a parent can recognize their child anywhere. The definition of a parent’s love. (I highly recommend this as a gift for a baby shower, new mama, or first birthday party!)
I’d Know You Anywhere, My Love<– Link!
6. What Color is it?- By: Learning Props- I just came across these books recently and they are wonderful! If you are interested in teaching your child both English and Spanish, this is a great resource. Each page is full of bright colors and images they should easily recognize, underneath each image is the word in English and Spanish. (The back of the book also has pronunciation!)
What Color Is It? De Que Color Es? (Spanish and English Edition) <–Link!
7. My First Book of Things to See-By: Tiger Tales– This was one of the first books we bought Ellie and it has become a staple for us! Each page has an assortment of items, colors, animals, etc with the word written underneath. Keeps her busy and learning, which is a win-win in my book!
Things to See (My First Book of) <–Link!
8. The Wish Cat- By: Ragnhild Scamell- This is such a sweet life-lesson sort of book! Perhaps in life we won’t always get what we wished or asked for, but perhaps that is because the universe has something even better in store! Great for children of all ages.
(I actually do not have a link for this book. I got it in a box of children’s books at Costco!)
9. The Wonderful Things You Will Be- By: Emily Winfield Martin-Hands down the best book in our collection. I want to cry every time I read it. It’s so full of heartfelt emotion of wondering who your little child is going to be in this great big world. Honestly, you need this book and so does everyone you know!!
The Wonderful Things You Will Be <–Link!!
10. Who Am I?- By: Steve Jenkins/Robin Page- This is a fun little book. Each page has a set of images and clues for an animal, turn the page, and you find out just what animal it is!
Who Am I?: An Animal Guessing Game <–Link!
I hope you enjoyed this list as much as I did!
What are some of your favorite children’s books??